Monday, September 28, 2015

Progress Report: The List

The big 4-0 is a mere 21 days away. I thought it would be a good time to update "the list" and see where I am at (although I do have another year to complete these things). It's funny how life gets in the way of somethings and not others. A lot has changed for me in the last year and there have certainly been some big ups and big downs that have contributed to where I am on these goals.

Here is what I've accomplished:
  • Buy a new bicycle. Done! 
  • Do at least one random act of kindness every month. I've done this consistently. Yay!
  • Read a book a month. I've been doing this!
  • Plant a veggie garden. Done!
  • Do a public speaking gig.  Done!
  • Take a trip to Vancouver. Done!
  • Start a wine collection. Done! Although I drank a lot of it.
  • Find a new volunteer gig. Done! 
  • Become a mentor in a mentoring program. Signed up for this with IABC. Hopefully a mentee picks me
  • Finish my company website (the company I own, not the one I work for). Done

Here's where I'm on my way or it is reasonable I haven't started yet because there hasn't been the opportunity:
The run I'll be doing October 25
  • Go back to school. Still no news here.
  • Run a 5KM 10km  5km run event. Booked for October 25! And re the 10km - I was probably drinking when I thought up that one.
  • Travel to Ireland. Still on the list....
  • See Montreal. 
  • Go to Italy. 
  • Visit Boston.
  • Explore Chicago.
  • See San Francisco.
  • Take a culinary class.
  • Hit 25 blood donations. I am set to hit 25 on October 24!
  • Walk the dogs more often, even Cricket. I've been better with this but still have room to improve
  • Lose 10lbs. Found my scale. It's broken. Need new scale. I think I have lost the weight though. Maybe.
  • Pay off all debt (not including my house and maybe not my car). Partly there: Student loans are done!
  • (#40 - mystery item)I'm not saying what this one is. Working on this ;)
  • Learn Spanish. At least in a basic conversational way.
  • Sing one song by myself in Karaoke.

Here's things I've "failed" on because I've had the opportunity but haven't completed the task.
  • Write everyday week (blog!) This has been a fail, although I've made three posts in the last week.
  • Go to Vegas. Had two trips booked and both got cancelled. Awesome.
  • Mail a letter a week just because. #stillfail. I haven't done this at all. I have however bought stamps. Which if you know me, is a miracle in itself. 
  • Take golf lessons. I didn't even golf this year
  • Visit Napa Valley. I had hoped to do this for my birthday but it doesn't look like that's going to happen
  • Buy a wine fridge.
  • Learn more about wine.
  • Learn to hang a picture. Properly.
  • Learn how to put air in my tires
  • Learn how to change a tire.
  • Go for at least one hike in the mountains (June-September - I am not crazy). No excuse for this. #fail
  • Take a public speaking course.
  • Make fresh pasta.
  • Learn to ride a motorcycle (even a little bit). I am not even sure I still want to do this one - I go back and forth on the idea.
It's nice to review things and see where I am - I think I am further ahead than I thought I would be. I've always enjoyed setting big goals and going after them every few years. Hopefully I'll be able to keep at these and get them all done. 

Oh and if anyone wants to teach me how to hang a picture, that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment