Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Whole List

It's a new year! Happy 2015 to all. It's the year I will turn 40! I mentioned this to my Mom yesterday on the phone and she said I made her feel old. Sorry Mom!

I have never been much of a New Year's resolutions kind of person but I thought it would be a great opportunity to get back to listing the list in a more clear fashion. I also never got around to finishing out the list - I was a few items short. I've given it some thought and here is the official list of things I will accomplish leading up to 40 and the year after. Ive given myself 2 years (starting October 2014 and ending October 2016) just to be realistic and have a hope in hell of being able to get it all done.

I've also amended the list slightly - while its good to have "stretch goals", a couple of items had me doomed to fail before I even typed them out. And that's not going to help anyone. In addition, I have fixed a couple to be a bit more challenging!

Without further ado, here is the list:
  1. Write everyday week (blog!)
  2. Buy a new bicycle. 
  3. Go back to school. 
  4. Run a 5KM 10km run event
  5. Do at least one random act of kindness every month
  6. Mail a letter a week just because. 
  7. Read a book a month. 
  8. Take golf lessons. 
  9. Plant a veggie garden.
  10. Do a public speaking gig. 
  11. Visit Napa Valley. 
  12. Go to Vegas. 
  13. Travel to Ireland. 
  14. Take a trip to Vancouver. 
  15. See Montreal. 
  16. Go to Italy. 
  17. Visit Boston.
  18. Explore Chicago.
  19. See San Francisco.
  20. Take a culinary class.
  21. Start a wine collection.
  22. Buy a wine fridge.
  23. Learn more about wine.
  24. Learn to hang a picture. Properly.
  25. Find a new volunteer gig.
  26. Learn how to put air in my tires
  27. Learn how to change a tire.
  28. Hit 25 blood donations (I was at 20 in October).
  29. Sing one song by myself in Karaoke.
  30. Become a mentor in a mentoring program.
  31. Go for at least one hike in the mountains a month (June-September - I am not crazy).
  32. Learn Spanish. At least in a basic conversational way.
  33. Finish my company website (the company I own, not the one I work for).
  34. Take a public speaking course.
  35. Make fresh pasta.
  36. Learn to ride a motorcycle (even a little bit).
  37. Walk the dogs more often, even Cricket.
  38. Lose 10lbs.
  39. Pay off all debt (not including my house and maybe not my car).
  40. I'm not saying what this one is.
There it is. 

How is it going so far? I am happy to report I've completed #10 already and I have hit 21 towards #28. Many of these are in progress too. I am really looking forward to working towards all of these and seeing what is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment