Sunday, November 9, 2014

Back on Track

There has been a lot going on. Which has made me kind of check out and hide from a lot of things I like doing (like writing for example). So my list item of writing everyday has been a bit fail. I've been told that perhaps that goal was a bit too lofty and not to beat myself up. I do wish though, that I had kept things up a little better over the last little while.

I'm getting back on track though so I'm ready to get back to this list thing. So far, this is where we were:
  • Write everyday (here, in this blog!)
  • Buy a new bicycle. My new house is near such great pathway systems and I would really enjoy getting out more in the nice weather
  • Go back to school. I have a plan for this. Stay tuned.
  • Run a 5KM run event
  • Do at least one random act of kindness every month
  • Mail a letter a week. People like getting fun mail
  • Read a book a month (I read books quickly but often forget to make time to read).
  • Take golf lessons. The trees will thank me.
  • Plant a veggie garden.
  • Do a public speaking gig. This has always terrified me a lot although I know I am capable. Time to break out of that comfort zone.
  • Call my Mom every week.

The next part of the list was travel related:
  • Napa Valley - If all goes to plan, this is where I will actually celebrate my 40th birthday. I want to eat good food and drink good wine. Rinse and repeat.
  • Vegas - its been 9 or so years and I'd like to try some different things there that I didn't get to do the first time around.
  • Ireland - I've wanted to go to Ireland for more than 20 years. A certain someone I know is getting married there next year. What better reason to head over there?
  • Vancouver - Ive been on a few business trips here but I want to go back and do a long weekend adventure in and around Vancouver.
  • Montreal - I've never been here. Which makes me a bad Canadian, a bad foodie and it also makes me sad. Its been on the list about 15 years. It's time Montreal, it's time. Perhaps while I'm there I could do a visit to Quebec City too. I love that place.
  • Italy - I've been to Italy for a day - not quite enough. There are so many places I want to see in Italy, many trips in my life will be needed. 
  • Boston - This has been on my list since I was about 14 and wanted to go to Harvard law. My reasons for travelling there may have shifted but I still want to check out the city.
  • Chicago - Another place I've always wanted to go to and just explore for a long weekend.
  • San Francisco.
So what else? Here is most of the rest of the list!
  • Take a culinary class. I'd like to learn knife skills and maybe learn how to cook a specific type of food.
The next three are related:
  • Start a wine collection.
  • Buy a wine fridge.
  • Learn more about wine.
  • Learn to hang a picture. Properly.
  • Find a new volunteer gig.
  • Learn how to put air in my tires (I know, I should know this).
  • Learn how to change a tire.
  • Make time for myself to get a massage every month.
  • Hit 25 blood donations (5 more to go!).
  • Sing one song by myself in Karaoke.
  • Become a mentor in a mentoring program.
  • Go for at least one hike in the mountains a month (June-September - I am not crazy).
  • Learn Spanish. At least in a basic conversational way.
  • Finish my company website (the company I own, not the one I work for)
This leaves about 5 spots left on my list. I am going to wait a bit to fill them with "to dos" - I am sure I'll get some ideas in the coming months. I'm also up to suggestions!

It's nice to be back to focusing on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment